What you will see
The printer is displaying a 922 type Service Fuser error (for example, 922.01, 922.54, 922.99, etc.).
This type of error message indicates that the fuser unit inside the printer is operating below the proper temperature.
If this is the first time you have seen the error
- Power the printer off.
- Leave the printer powered off for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Power the printer back on. If it comes up to the Ready state, try printing again.
- If the fuser error does not return, continue using the printer as normal but observe it closely over the next few days to see if the error returns.
- If the fuser error returns on power-up or if the error returns as soon as you try to print or at a later date, the printer will probably require service to correct the issue.
Before arranging service
See ‘Contacting Lexmark‘ at the end of this document for information on arranging service. However, before arranging service on the printer, please carry out the following checks:
- If this is an intermittent error, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not through a surge device or power strip. Power strips and uninterrupted power supplies can cause a low amperage problem to occur, which can trigger a false fuser error. This is true even if the printer has worked on this surge device in the past.
- Confirm that the printer is not exposed to cold air. For example, make sure the printer is not positioned in front of an air conditioner unit or directly in the path of an air vent where cold air can blow onto it. Make sure the temperature in the operating/office environment is above 60 F (16 C).
- If the error message is a 922.x4 error (where x can be any number), updating the printer’s engine code may correct the issue. See the directions below.
How to update the printer’s engine code (922.x4 errors only)
|To check the printer’s current engine code level, print out the menu settings pages. Click here for instructions.
|Look for the header Device Information on one of the pages. Under Device Information, you will see Engine.
Check the printer’s current engine code level. If it says, for example, LS.ST.E204, the engine code level is 204.
To obtain the current engine code level, go to Lexmark’s firmware download site. When prompted for the authorization key code, enter LSSTE213A.
When you enter the authorization key code, the computer will begin downloading the file(s).
|Save the file(s) to a directory or folder of your choice. IMPORTANT! Make a note of the location.
|Once you have downloaded the file(s), unzip any .zip files to extract the necessary engine code files and instructions.
|You will need to copy the engine code file to the printer. The method to use depends on how your computer is connected to the printer. Refer to the instructions in the downloaded files.
NOTE: If the downloaded files do not include any instructions, click the appropriate link below. If copying the engine code via:
|Once you have updated the printer’s engine code, power the printer off for 30-60 seconds. Then power it back on and try printing again.